Interested in learning more about enrolling your child in a Dual Language program in SBISD? Join us for school visits to learn more!
¿Interesado en aprender más acerca de los programas de Dos Idiomas-Doble Vía en SBISD? Acompañenos en las visitas a las escuelas!
SBISD's Choice Application opens Monday, Nov. 4.
The Spring Branch Independent School District has selected the following early dismissal days to be used for professional development or parental involvement. Not all schools may follow this schedule, so please contact your child's school directly if you have any questions.
- October 17-18 Elementary Early Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference
- December 18-20 Secondary Early Dismissal; December 20 Elementary Early Dismissal
- February 13-14 Elementary Early Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference
- May 26-28 Secondary Early Dismissal: May 28 Elementary Early Dismissal
Click here to review the SBISD Academic Calendar for 2019-20.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT
- To be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- First graders must be six years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- If you are new to Spring Branch ISD, or you have moved within SBISD and will attend a different school than the previous year, you must register for classes at the school your child will be attending.
- Be four years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- To determine state funding the parent/guardian must answer questions about the student’s ability to speak and comprehend English, as well as about the family’s income level.
- Parents should assume responsibility for the supervision of their children prior to being picked up by the bus and after the bus has returned.
- Be five years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year to be eligible for kindergarten.
- Be six years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year to be eligible for first grade
- A child who is not legally eligible to enter grade 1 may be assigned to first grade before age six. Such assignments are the decision of the District, with the consent of the child’s parent or guardian
- New students after first grade will be placed initially at grade level reached elsewhere. Final grade placement will be based on observations and testing made by District personnel.
Survey Available April 1-26
Please take the Family Survey to help us serve you better!
Parents play a critical role in student success. Your feedback ensures Every Child has the support and resources needed to excel.
Your opinion matters!
The results are specific to each school. Families are encouraged to provide feedback on their child's school to help inform where the school is succeeding and where it can improve.
- Unique survey links were emailed to families directly by our partners at Panorama Education on April 1.
- Families who did not receive an email from Panorama Education, please use this link to take the survey.
- The survey is expected to take no more than 15 minutes, and can be taken in English, Spanish, Arabic, and five other languages.
- If you have children at different schools, we ask that you fill out a survey for each school. If you have multiple children at one school, we ask that you take the survey with your oldest child in mind or take the survey once per child.
- Survey data is benchmarked nationally to create a comprehensive understanding of the school’s culture and climate.
If you have trouble accessing your survey, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families and mentors are a critical part of helping students make connections between what is learned at school and what they experience outside campus walls. We welcome and encourage parents, families, and mentors to partner with us!
The new Empowered & Equipped! site features resources to support conversations and activities at home, and in the community, with monthly lessons aligned to SBISD instruction. These lessons focus on the critical areas of Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)and building awareness of various career pathways as part of the Spring Branch T-2-4 Goal.
SBISD is upgrading our Visitor Management System (V-Soft) to a new and improved Raptor6 platform. The system tracks all visitors and volunteers to ensure the safety and security of our schools. You will hear more directly from the district in Back to School communications. In the meantime, please be prepared to show your photo ID upon first entrance to the school after July 1, as our previous visitor/volunteer history will not carry over to the new system. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we put the safety of our students, schools and community first!
- Campus Spotlight