Dual Language Program
Two-Way Dual Language in SBISD is a biliteracy instructional program that uses two languages, Spanish and English, for instruction. The native language and culture of each student is valued and treated equitably. Instruction in both Spanish and English incorporates the required academic standards established by the state of Texas enabling students to become bi-lingual and bi-literate in both languages.
Please plan on joining us at the school for one of our parent meetings on Choice if you are interested in applying:
- December 7, 2022, 8:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m., MPR #S117
- January 11, 2023, 8:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m., MPR #S117
- CONTACT: email@example.com
The 2023-2024 Choice lottery application is run through Spring Branch ISD Choice Lottery.
To submit an application for the lottery, click here.
- November 14, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - Application Opens
- January 20, 2023 @ 11:59 PM - Application Closes
- February 1, 2023 @ 10:00 AM - Run Lottery
- February 10, 2023 @ 4:00 PM - Lottery Results Emailed
- February 17, 2023 - Parents Accept or Decline Invitation
- May 5, 2023 @ 9:00 AM - Late Application Window Opens
- July 14, 2023 @ 11:59 PM - Late Application Window Closes
Our goal is to develop students that are bilingual and biliterate at an early age and gain language skills that will have lasting benefits in the world in which they live and work as adults. In the Two Way Dual Language program students will be taught in both languages throughout their elementary years at CBE. This is an enriched educational program that uses two languages for the purpose of instruction. The program is for entering Pre-Kindergarteners and Kindergarteners. Students must begin the program in Pre-kindergarten or Kindergarten.
The Dual Language students at CBE will:
- Perform at or above grade-level-appropriate levels of achievement in all domains of academic skills and knowledge.
- Develop high levels of proficiency in a second language while making normal progress in their first language.
- Acquire an understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural differences.
- Develop positive self-esteem.
Instructional time in the Dual Language class is divided between English and Spanish.
- Teachers provide the instruction in both English and Spanish.
- Content and language allocation vary depending on grade level.
- Formal English Reading instruction is taught in all grade levels.
- Math instruction is delivered in English across all grade levels.
The curriculum uses integrated thematic units and technology in all grades to connect language arts, math, science, and social studies. Students are provided with an interactive learning environment. Music, art, physical education, and library skills are part of the curriculum taught in English.
We invite you to visit the Dual Language classes and discuss the program with the principal or faculty. To arrange a visit, please call Cedar Brook Elementary, 713-251-5500.